Friday 1 August 2008

Where was the baby

There was no home health care barring once a week and my husband had to dress and pack the wound twice daily for 14 weeks apart from taking care of my infant son. He had to suffer severe strain because of this. Also because of mother baby separation and anemia during the first week of his life, my baby lost on a lot of precious breast milk. Entire trauma all caused loss of bonding and breast milk for my baby.

All during the hospital stay my baby was kept away from me in the hospital nursery and allowed only 2-3 hours per day for the first week of his life. Moreover he was discharged a day earlier and we had to make him sleep with us in the heart hospital room before I was allowed to go home. Any planning for baby no 2 definitely needs to wait a great amount of time due to the ongoing physical and emotional trauma

No comments: