Friday 1 August 2008

The D Day

It was snowing. So me and Bharat decided to work from home. It was a 11 a.m. appointment and I was going to drive myself but because Bharat was home he came with me. Bharat was on phone with his coworker and I drove. We had shirts that needed to be dropped for laundry in the back seat. On the way we debated where to have lunch

Dr Bajaj did an internal. She told me I am still closed. She did some other tests, told me I am not leaking any fluid and she doesnt thinks baby is coming for next 5 days atleast. She also told me baby's head is in position. Asked me to dress and leave

I dressed came out but then I asked her can we do some monitoring. I think something is wrong, mother's instinct. She told me I am still nervous. So I go down, have coffee, and then she puts on monitor for 15 minutes. This turns for one hour. She then comes in and tells me go to Labor and Delivery. There have been two periods of heartdip.

We reach L & D. There we get a message we need to go and see perinatologist for an Ultrasound. The US was the quickest. She said she is going to induce me right away. Baby is only 5 pounds 10 oz and has dipped from 46% to 10% for his gestational age.

No comments: